10 random ways you know you have hyperhidrosis. Yes, all of these things have happened to me. Please keep in mind that I live in NYC as many of these are subway stories 🙂
1. You awkwardly hold the highest handrail on the subway train because the odds of someone holding the sweaty mess you left behind is less likely. *see below*
2. In a crowded subway when you can’t hold the highest handrail, you accidentally make a small sweat puddle on the floor, or worse- on someone’s shoulder…
3. On a hot day, when fanning yourself with your hands, you also get a spray of water…from your hands.
4. At shows, you have to adjust the way you clap at the end of a set as to avoid spraying others with water…
5. You have friends ask you why you are limping when you wear sandals…sandals are dangerous and will hurt you. (Yet, I still wear them)
6. You don’t realize until after you’ve bought the pants and are wearing them for the first time that you have a huge sweat stain on your butt. (Oh, the joys of bad fabric for HH!)
7. You hold your hand out the car window for the entire ride somewhere in desperate hope that it will help dry the sweat because you know you’ll be shaking people’s hands.
8. You can never take the daily newspaper from those guys bombarding you by the subways. Newspaper? With HH?? Not if I want to get ink all over me!
9. You usually can’t feel the difference between something wet or dry, since your hands are wet all the time.
10. Your hands start to prune- and you haven’t been swimming or taking a bath!